Whats better than being able to drink or eat something that is both healthy and tasty?! Nothing if you ask me! I absolutely love this blueberry chocolate smoothie recipe. Just another recipe that I have added to my arsenal or healthy smoothies. I often drink smoothies for breakfast or as an early morning snack. I just can't go back to traditional breakfast items after being turned onto smoothies. I hope you enjoy them also!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk (of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or agave)
- Blend ingredients until they are smooth or to your desired consistency. If you choose, you can put through a fine mesh strainer, although I don't suggest this because you lose a lot of the fruit fiber.
- Garnish with whole blueberries and serve immediately.