Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie


This is my absolute favorite smoothie! Sometimes I add a thing or two more, or swap this for that, but this is mainly it. I will explain each ingredient and its importance a little bit. From left to right.

Instant Coffee - This is a good way to get a little extra kick out of your smoothie! I use this because I am often working out in the mornings and then I have my smoothie afterwards. The caffeine really helps! You can buy this online HERE.

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - PB2 is powdered peanut butter. The directions say to add 1 tbsp of water to 2 tbsp of PB2 but I just add the powder to my smoothie mix! PB2 is like peanut butter without all most of the fats and oils. I love it. PB2 is available at Amazon.com

Green Superfood Blend - This is a superfood blend. I bought it mainly because of the chlorella and spirulina that is in the blend. These are high protein algaes. Spirulina is 60% protein by weight and does wonders for you. This blend makes me feel like a champion! Also available on Amazon.com

Yogurt - I usually use organic greek yogurt for the higher protein but this was all I had in the fridge this week. The yogurt is mainly for consistency, flavor, and a little bit of protein. 

Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa - A very healthy way to get a little more chocolate flavor into my smoothies. Unsweetened and all natural, can't go wrong there and who doesn't like chocolate?!?


Whey Protein Powder - Of course any brand works. I prefer chocolate whey protein since it goes well with the peanut butter and bananas. Buy whey protein online.

Organic Banana - Adds fiber and vitamins! The star of the show!

3-6 Ice cubes - Depending on size and desired consistency.

Blend in professional grade blender (Ninja Blender) 30-45 seconds and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad I have come across your site it seems great deal helpful indeed. whey protein price

    ReplyDelete