Coconut Lavender Lemonade
We all know how it gets on those hot summer days when you are dying of thirst from enjoying too much sun. This drink is a little bit less common (actually most people never had it) but it is absolutely delicious and people love it! A tropical lemonade that keeps you hydrated. It looks cool and tastes great!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice, from about 9 lemons
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 8 cups coconut water
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Lavender Syrup (recipe below)
Place lemon juice, coconut water, sugar and water into a pitcher and stir it until all sugar is fully dissolved. Shaking is also an option here if you have the right container.
Next pour 1/2 of the lavender syrup that you made in the pitcher and stir again. You can do some taste testing here with the syrup to find what you like.
Lavender Syrup Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender
- a few drops of violet food coloring (optional)
- Mix the sugar, lavender, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium high heat, boil roughly 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, cover and set aside. Let this sit for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a very find mesh strainer to remove the dried lavender. Add food coloring here if you are using some.
- Allow syrup to cool. Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.